A Pair of flintlock Pistols by Winckhler – Munich c 1700
Three stage barrels octagonal then round with muzzle rings blued and rifled cal 13mm. Brass outlined master’s mark appears above each powder chamber in the form of a standing lion below W between the signature Hanns Winchhler. Curved locks the floral engraved domed lock plates with masks. Adjustable back triggers one spring tired lightly carved walnut stocks with dark horn fore-end caps plus open iron work decoration on the side plates complete with ramrods with horn tips overall length of each pistol 53.5cm. Hans Winckhler is known in Munich between 1680 and 1710. Early pair of pistols in beautiful condition.
Out of stock